Doctor of Physiotherapy is five years practical training in Basic and Clinical Medical Sciences, Basic and Clinical Physiotherapy Subjects, Practical handling of patients, exposure to the subjects dreamed to be needed to physiotherapists in their clinical practice, research, and while performing as teacher.
A Doctor of Physical Therapy or Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) degree is a qualifying degree in physical therapy. In the United States it is an entry-level professional degree, while in the United Kingdom it includes advanced professional training and doctoral-level research. A DPT is a practitioner who is educated in many areas of rehabilitation.
A Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree is also offered in the US for those who already hold a professional Bachelor or Master of Physical Therapy (BPT or MPT) degree. As of 2015, all accredited and developing physical therapist programs in the US are DPT programs
In 1992, the University of Southern California initiated the first post-professional "transitional" (DPT) program in the United States. This "transitional" DPT takes into account a physical therapist's current level of knowledge and skill and purports to offer programs that upgrade clinical skills to meet the needs of the current health care environment.Creighton University followed by initiating the first entry-level DPT program in 1993
In 1992, the University of Southern California initiated the first post-professional "transitional" (DPT) program in the United States.This "transitional" DPT takes into account a physical therapist's current level of knowledge and skill and purports to offer programs that upgrade clinical skills to meet the needs of the current health care environment.Creighton University followed by initiating the first entry-level DPT program in 1993
1. Admission will be purely on merit.
2. Application form will be available on our web “aicp.edu.pk”
3. Forms will open after announcing the admissions in the Newspaper.
4. Students have to submit their application on the web “aicp.edu.pk” within the period announced in the Newspapers.
5. Students have to pay Rupee one thousand as procession fee. This fee will be deposited in PLS account No, 12447900429803Habib Bank Limited Allama Iqbal Medical College Lahore
6. Merit list will be displayed on the Web.
7. Interview calls will be displayed on web “aicp,edu.pk” the eligible candidates will be called for interview; this call does not confirm admission.
8. Candidates have to appear before the admission committee constituted by the Principal Allama Iqbal Medical College composed of
9. Principal Allama Iqbal College of Physiotherapy Chair-Person
Faculty member AICP Member
Representative of Principal AIMC Member
10. On interview date students have to bring original and one photocopy of each document (Matriculation Certificate, Intermediate certificate, Character certificate, Domicile Certificate, MCET Certificate) and two passport size photographs. Selection letters will be issued to the candidates on recommendation of admission committee.
11. Students have to submit joining within the stipulated time.
On joining student is required to submit following in the College office
1. Matriculation Certificate (Six Copies).
2. F.Sc. Certificate / Detail Marks Certificate (Pre-Medical) (Six Copies)
3. Character Certificate of college last attended (One Copy).
4. MDCAT Certificate (One Copy)
5. Domicile Certificate (One Copy).
Following original certificates are to be submitted at the time of joining. 1. Matriculation Certificate, Intermediate certificate, Character certificate, Domicile Certificate, MDCAT Certificate.
2. Board Migration Certificate in case of the Federal Board.
3. Certificate that candidate is vaccinated against Hepatitis, Tetanus, Measles, Mumps and (for Girls) rubella.
4. Student have to submit ten passport size Photographs with blue back ground.
5. College fee submission receipt.
6. Candidate has to produce an Affidavit on stamp paper with worth of Rupee 20/- duly attested by the judicial magistrate (Specimen given in this prospectus)
12. Candidate will be medically examined to confirm fitness by a Medical Board Jinnah Hospital Lahore. Student has to bear expenses of Medical Board.
13. Admission can be cancelled at any time during the course of study if any of documents, certificate or statement is found wrong in any way or at any stage.
14. Students must be abiding by all rules & regulation contained in the prospectus and amended made time to time and the instructions issued by the Principal / Authority / Government of the Punjab.
15. Student has to report acceptance to The Principal Allama Iqbal College of Physiotherapy, in office hours on or before the last joining date mentioned on admission letter.
16. In case fail to deposit the fee or submitting the required documents within the stipulated period selection will stand cancelled.
17. Classes for first year Doctor of Physiotherapy will be start with effect from the date mentioned on Admission Letter.
Copyrights © 2019 All Rights Reserved by AICP | PC Soft